David Fitzgerald is a writer, public speaker and historical researcher who has been actively investigating the Historical Jesus question for over ten years. He has a degree in history and was an associate member of CSER (the former Committee for the Scientific Examination of Religion). He is the author of “NAILED: Ten Christian Myths that Show Jesus Never Existed at All” and “The Complete Heretic's Guide to Western Religion Book One: The Mormons” Secretly, he is also an award winning sci fi/fantasy/ and paranormal erotica writer under the pen name Kilt Kilpatrick.
His most recent discussion focused on the Mormon religion (LDS) where he points out how far one’s mind must stretch in order to believe in it. David is an LGBT activist, feminist, and a voice for others to feel stronger about themselves in this harsh world we live. David Fitzgerald has been called "one of the busiest atheist activists in the Bay Area." In addition to serving on the board of San Francisco Atheists and Center For Inquiry-SF, he is also the Director/Co-Founder of both the world's first Atheist Film Festival and Evolutionpalooza!, San Francisco's oldest annual Darwin Day celebration.
Here is a short list of the topics discussed during the show:
· Did Mark, Matthew, Luke and John write the gospels? Were they eyewitnesses to the life of Jesus?
· How is Paul’s Jesus different from the Jesus found in the Gospels?
· Does history confirm the gospels?
· What does archeology say about the gospels?
· Did Christianity start with Jesus and his apostles?
· Was Christianity a “new and different religion” in the first century?
· Was the New Testament written in Greek? Why??
· When do we see the first Christian writings appear?
· What is the Con behind Mormonism?